Study in Poland

You will enjoy high quality of teaching, but also have a chance to pursue your future career in EU. Polish schools compete with each other not only to provide a wide variety of high quality courses, but also offer attractive tuition fees in programs such as MBBS, engineering, international business, tourism, hospitality and other courses. POLAND (POLSKA) lies in the very heart of the European continent making it easy access to and from other popular European destinations.

Poland is an incredible country with a diverse and rich education history. Studying in Poland will give you a European degree at a low cost. Polish schools compete with each other not only to provide a wide variety of high quality courses, but also offer attractive tuition fees in programs such as MBBS, engineering, international business, tourism, hospitality and other courses. POLAND (POLSKA) lies in the very heart of the European continent making it easy access to and from other popular European destinations. The majority of private higher educational institutions offer 3-year courses of study for a Bachelor’s degree. Only about twelve institutions offer a 5 year course of study which leads to a Master’s degree and only one has obtained the right to confer the doctorate degree. There are now 12 private institutions that occupy top positions relating to the standards of tertiary education that are published every year by many institutions. Private higher education institutions are decidedly more expensive for students than are the public. The public institutions are taking note and are taking measures to reduce these proportions. Nearly 100% of private institutions are funded from tuition fees and not from the state budget. They are dependent on their markets.

By 2010 Poland is hoping that the number of people enrolled in higher education should rise 35-40% and 40-45% in 2020. These increases will raise new challenges for higher education in regards to its accessibility, particularly for the inhabitants of villages and small towns. Ideally Poland wants to decrease the differences in the level of civilization between the country regions and the various social groups. With the spreading effects of the metropolises, the situating of universities and colleges in the medium-sized cities offers a chance to establish education centers of high quality and the possibility of creating innovative processes. Highly International Education.


Education Systems

Poland is a member of the European Union

It joined the Schengen Area in 2007. As a result passport checks are abolished on Poland’s borders to Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Lithuania. It practically means that persons admitted to the Schengen Area can travel hassle-free between 24 countries of the Schengen Area without internal land and sea border controls, from Portugal to Poland and from Greece to Finland.

Polish institutions of higher education participate in international student exchange programmes and engage in bilateral agreements and individual exchange programms pursued by particular schools. All these initiatives enhance the development of relations between Polish and foreign institutions of higher education. The number of Polish institutions of higher education awarded an Erasmus University Charter approach 200 and the mobility of Polish students grows rapidly.

Poland’s education market has been the most dynamically developing one in Europe during the last twelve years. The number of higher education institutions has increased five fold while the number of students quadrupled. Each year almost half a million young people begin their education at universities and colleges.

Polish academic traditions reach back to 14th century some of the Europe’s oldest universities can be found here. The Jagiellonian University of Cracow was established in 1364. Nicholas Copernicus and Marie Skłodowska-Curie are among great names of Polish scientists known and admired worldwide.

Polish universities offer high quality studies and are an integral part of the European education space. All leading universities offer programmes taught in English, these include medicine, engineering, humanities, business and finance. Poland takes active part in the Bologna Process. Thanks to the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) students can be fully mobile, and continue education in other countries.

Anglia Ruskin University

Document Checklist for Study Abroad

  • Copies of diplomas received from a tertiary institution or university (scanned).
  • Graduate Program English Language Requirement (optional).
  • An official transcript of all university-level courses taken in previous university.
  • by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two). Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests. (if available), Photocopy of the student’s international travel passport.
  • Copy of birth certificate.
  • Academic transcripts for masters & PhD students
  • Receipt of tuition payment.
  • Polish / eNGLISH language knowledge certificate (if any).
  • A letter of Acceptance issued by the tertiary education institution.
  • Curriculum vitae which must include your name, phone contact details, educational backgrounds, level of professional experience (if any), academic honors, awards and research publications (if any), leisure activities or hobbies, also references should be included.
  • College or school leaving certificate.
  • Signed letter of recommendation from two or more reputable people.
  • Financial stability evidence.
  • PhD programm master thesis.
  • Medical examination report which includes TB, X-Ray, and Hepatitis B etc. Also international students are required to tender a medical examination certificate or report of fitness to the tertiary education institution of interest.
  • A brief not which includes the students’ goals and interests based on research or academic career.
  • A research project proposal which will be done during the doctorate/PhD studies.

Application Procedures

Entry Requirements: For the pre-Masters courses, typical entry requirements are at least 3 years of higher education and UKVI IELTS 5.5 (minimum of 5.0 in all skills).

If you do not meet the English language entry level but have at let UKVI IELTS 4.5 (minimum 4.0 in all skills) you can do a course that includes extended English and skills (EES).


Students may be able to start in spring (January – April), summer (May – August) or autumn (September – November).


If you are a citizen of an EU member state the only thing you need to have to enter Poland is a valid travel document or a document confirming identity and citizenship (i.e. your national ID). However, if you wish to travel abroad during your stay in Poland it is a good idea to have a passport with you, as it is necessary to visit some of Poland’s neighbors that don’t belong to the EU.For a stay shorter than three months there are no formal requirements. Your studies will however take longer. For such a stay a registration of residence is necessary. You should register with Voivodship (Provincial) Office and get a Temporary Residence Card for maximum period of two years.


The two main documents you will to enter Poland if are not a EU citizen are a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required). As a general rule Non-EU citizens need a visa to enter Poland.  As the country is part of the Schengen zone, you can apply for visa and travel all around Europe! There are several types of visas to choose from.


“C” type – a short-term Schengen visa allowing the holder to stay in the Schengen territory for up to 90 days in a six months period.

The Schengen visa is good for business visits, tourism, short private visits, participation in conferences, cultural and sports events. It can be issued either as single, double or multiple entry visa depending on the purpose of the trip. Examples of the purpose of the trip: Education, business, tourism, visiting family and friends, political, scientific, cultural, sports or religious events, studies, employment, other.


“D” type – a long-term national visa issued for up to one year allowing travel around the Schengen area for three months in a half a year period.

The Polish national visa is usually good for those traveling to undertake studies and employment and also those who want to spend more than three months with their families and friends.


“A” type – an airport transit Schengen visa, so it cannot be used by a student coming to Poland.


Unfortunately, British universities don’t give any scholarships for average Bagnoli Students, with terribly rare exceptions in academic degree level. Some universities may give students with good or exceptional backgrounds, a part tuition fee waiver. Some universities offer discounts of a thousand – one thousand five hundred (1000-1500) Pounds to students with smart tutorial backgrounds.

Though financial aid is very little for international students, there are certain scholarships offered for study in UK managed by the British Council and other institutions. British Ch evening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships.


You can help pay for your education by working part-time while you’re studying. International students have the right to work while studying in Poland as long as they are enrolled in an Institution. Students who are not nationals of EU member countries must also hold a valid residency permit. The right to work applies to all students, including those who are in Poland for the first time, those who are enrolled in the first year of a university program, and those who are enrolled full-time in a language school.

20hrs work permitted during studies as well as 3 months of full time work during holidays.

Full time work is permitted for Residence Card holders.


Students from member countries of the European Union may work in Poland without restriction after they graduate. It may be really hard to leave such a beautiful country after you complete your education here. Don’t worry if you prefer to stay and work in Poland. As a graduate of a Polish higher education institution full-time program, you don’t need a permit to work here. Just make sure your stay permit is in order. You can stay back for further 2-3 years as long as you can prove that you can financially support yourself without seeking any government benefits. Students who obtain a job or accept employment can obtain a Work Permit.



All kind of professionals can apply for a Blue card once they find an employer. This is valid initially for 2years and than extended for further 3 years and the person can work all over European Union in the Blue card scheme participating countries After 5 years you can apply for Permanent Residence option.

For more information please email info@educationpoland.pl or submit your query online.

Costs of living

Thanks to fast growing and stable economy low costs of living and studying, while enjoying high quality of teaching is like a trademark of Poland.

Poland is going through a process of rapid economic development, thanks to that costs of living are still significantly lower than in most of the EU countries. A total amount of €200-€400 is enough to cover the basic cost of accommodation, food and transport. The cost of entertainment and participation in cultural events are also much lower than EU average, which effects costs of studies to be very competitive.

The minimum rate for studies is 2000 Euro a year, which is a few times lower than the EU average. For rapid economic development Since 20 years Polish economy has significantly been growing. For high level of security and personal safety Poland is much safer than most of the European countries. Even the Nordic countries, considered as very safe, have much higher crime rate than Poland. It’s perfectly safe in here for international students of all races, beliefs and origins.


The best choice for medical studies today.

Become an International Medical Doctor: Gain International exposure; make friends with thousands of other foreign students studying medicine. Practice anywhere in the world. Our International students come from US, Canada, Australia, UK, Scandinavian & EU countries, Vietnam, Taiwan, India, Saudi Arabia (Government sponsored students already studying), Qatar, UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, etc.

MBBS: 5years of study with clinical/electives every year + 1 year of Internship.

Tuition Fee: 44,000PLN (Polish Zloty) per year.

Recognition: Listed on the WHO, IMED directory; the University’s degree is recognized throughout European Union, UK (GMC), US, Canada, India (Listed in MCI), Saudi Arabia (Listed in the Medical Council as well as students are sponsored by the Saudi Govt.), etc.; respected and recognized throughout the world.

High quality of Medical Education: Did you know that the first full face transplant in the USA was done by a team of surgeons lead by a Polish doctor, Maria Siemionow who graduated from Medical University in Poland.

Oct 23, 2014: Surgeons in Poland performed a groundbreaking cell transplant that allowed a paralyzed man to walk again.

Career: Practice all over the world. You can work as a doctor, all over Europe including UK, US, etc. Doctors in Poland can also run their own private practice/clinics.

Financial: Affordable Cost, Low Tuition fee and living cost (200-250Euro including accommodation). There are student dormitories close to the University and cost 475PLN.

Study program: is entirely instructed in English and designed to meet the European Union, United States (USMLE) & Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) standards with their internationally accredited exams. European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is applicable too.

Free training classes of USMLE part1 & part2 are provided for students wishing to take residency options in the US.

Doctors are eligible to practice in Europe, UK, US, Canada, India, Middle East, etc.


Poland: The only Schengen country in EU, which saw an increase in the GDP during recession; stable economy; strong infrastructure and high-tech laboratories.

Indian National Science Academy has also signed an Agreement with the Polish Academy of Sciences to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Cooperation in Pathomechanism, Diagnosis and Therapy of Lymphatic Diseases.

Poland has also introduced the “BLUE CARD” for highly skilled professionals; this would allow the professionals to work and settle in the European Union.

You can work throughout the EU and apply for settlement in 5 years. You can also stay back and work in Poland once you complete your studies.

Work Permits for Current Job Offers in Skilled and Low Skilled Categories

Minimum Salary 2000 – 2500 pln, Bonuses and Over-time Offered

Air Flight Ticket costs: Covered by the Employer for experienced candidates

Accommodation: Offered by the Employer

Working clothing: provided by the employer (incl. footwear, trousers, sweatshirts, gloves)

Meal: one time meal Offered by the Employer

Medical Insurances covered

Full-time employment under Polish Labour Laws with entitlement to annual holidays, sick leaves, etc.

WORK PERMIT TIME: About 20-45 days.