Study in Cyprus
Cyprus is located in the south of Turkey on an island in the Mediterranean Sea just after Sardinia, it is also close to Sicily. Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Cyprus is geographically located in Asia but it is politically a European country and also a member of the EU. Universities in Cyprus have extremely low and affordable tuition fees. More than 63,000 university students from over 131 different countries are currently enrolled in twelve major universities in Cyprus. If you desire education with nice and conducive environment where you can also meet different people from different culture, then you should consider studying in Cyprus. us is located in the south of Turkey on an island in the Mediterranean Sea just after Sardinia, it is also close to Sicily. Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Cyprus is geographically located in Asia but it is politically a European country and also a member of the EU. Universities in Cyprus have extremely low and affordable tuition fees. More than 63,000 university students from over 131 different countries are currently enrolled in twelve major universities in Cyprus. If you desire education with nice and conducive environment where you can also meet different people from different culture, then you should consider studying in Cyprus.
Document Checklist for Study Abroad
The admission requirement for entry into an undergraduate programme of any study is a recognised High School Leaving Certificate. Some programmes may have additional requirements, the applicant must submit a certified copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate or the equivalent, demonstrating that he/she has suitably graduated from secondary school, and must arrange for other significant certified documents, such as:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Matriculation Examination Certificate
- Upper Secondary
- Secondary School
- High School or Senior High School Leaving Certificate
- General Certificates of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Secondary Education Certificate
- Senior School Certificate
Note: All courses are lectured in English.
For Undergraduate Studies
Students must be in possession of secondary school leaving certificate in order to qualify for admission into the bachelor degree programme in Cyprus tertiary education institutions.
- copy of Secondary School Certificate (scanned)
- copy international travel passport (scanned)
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency if any
- Full Transcript for transfer students
- passport-sized photograph (one)
Read also: 5 important documents needed to study abroad
For Master and PhD/Doctorate Studies
Students must hold a valid master’s degree for admission into the PhD program and also an appropriate undergraduate degree for admission into the master degree.
- Copies of diplomas received from a tertiary institution or university (scanned)
- Graduate Program English Language Requirement (optional)
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken in previous university.
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests. (if available)
- Photocopy of the student’s international travel passport.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Academic transcripts for masters & PhD students
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Receipt of tuition payment.
- Greek language knowledge certificate (if any).
- A letter of Acceptance issued by the tertiary education institution.
- Curriculum vitae which must include your name, phone contact details, educational backgrounds, level of professional experience (if any), academic honors, awards and research publications (if any), leisure activities or hobbies, also references should be included.
- Collegeor school leaving certificate.
- Signed letter of recommendation from two or more reputable people.
- Financial stability evidence.
- PhD program master thesis.
- Medical examination report which includes TB, X-Ray, and Hepatitis B etc. Also international students are required to tender a medical examination certificate or report of fitness to the tertiary education institution of interest.
- A brief not which includes the students’ goals and interests based on research or academic career.
- A research project proposal which will be done during the doctorate/PhD studies.
Entry Requirements: For the pre-Masters courses, typical entry requirements are at least 3 years of higher education and UKVI IELTS 5.5 (minimum of 5.0 in all skills).
If you do not meet the English language entry level but have UK IELTS 4.5 (minimum 4.0 in all skills) you can do a course that includes extended English and skills (EES). Language Requirements- Students are required to have a valid level of knowledge in either English or Greek language or both depending on the language of the academic program.
Intake: Students may be able to start in spring (January – April), summer (May – August) or autumn (September – November.
Anglia Ruskin University
BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY
BRUNEL UNIVERSITY LONDON
LIVERPOOL JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITY
ROYAL HOLLOWAY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
THE UNIVERSITY OF LAW
THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON
UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH
UNIVERSITY OF ROEHAMPTON
COST OF LIVING AND STUDY PROCESS IN CYPRUS
Unless you’re on a tour to visit the beaches or to take scuba diving lessons complimented with the great meals prepared for tourists interested in the aquatic life, you’ll spend a lot less than you would have spent studying in most cities in Europe.
Average the cost of living for international students is in-between €300-€650 monthly. Feeding is cheap, taxis charge fairly, and once you start acquainting with the locals you’ll barely pay a dime for the nightlife.
Since 1951the rail network in Cyprus has not been functioning, buses are fairly expensive but readily available. Though people prefer to use the taxis because reliable routes can be limited, in Cyprus, groceries are cheaper when compared to their cost in the United Kingdom, especially when it involves meat and fresh fruits, restaurant meals are generally cheaper as well.Prices of things vary and this depends mostly on the producer or the suppliers.
Read also: Cost of Studying and Living in Poland
Average consumable goods prices from June 2016.
- Two-bedroom house (furnished) £620
- Two-bedroom house (Unfurnished) £570
- Two-bedroom apartment (furnished) £590
- Two-bedroom apartment (unfurnished) £550
- Eggs (Dozen) £2.50
- Milk per litre £1.30
- Rice per kg £1.60
- Bread £1.40
- Chicken breast per kg £7.50
- Restaurant Meals
- Big Mac £6
- Soda (330ml) £1.25
- Cappuccino £2.90
- Local beer £3
Household Utilities per month
- Rate per mobile call £0.10
- Uncapped internet £35
- Basic household utilities £120
- Gas £1.21
- Taxi per km £1
ACADEMIC INTAKE PERIOD
The academic year is divided into the Autumn Semester which runs from September to December, and the Spring Semester which lasts from January to April. Other university can have shorter sessions than this (autumn and spring semesters). New students can join either in the autumn or the spring semester to study regular or English language preparatory courses.
Application and documentation is scrutinized and if the student is found eligible for admittance into the study program, a conditional offer letter is issued. Students who receive the offer letter are required to pay the required tuition fee to the relevant tertiary education institution/university.
Admission criteria vary depending on specific higher education institution requirements. Contact the respective tertiary education institution to know more about the application procedure.
After a student has accepted the final acceptance letter, he or she will be required to pay the tuition fees which would enable them get a visa from the nearest Cyprus embassy.
Read also; Full List of European Countries with Admission Deadlines.